ExSTRAVAganza. Tools for Strava fanatics
As Strava have grown in popularity so has the number of 3rd party strava tools that make use of the Strava API. Below is a list of the most popular ones. Please leave a comment if you are aware of others.
Signature image from Veloviewer.
3. Strava Segment Details by Jonathan O’Keefe. Enhanced segment details screen, with KOM leaderboard history, full details on all rides for a segment, annual summaries, and more.
4. Annual Summary. by Jonathan O’keeffe. Annual summary of all your rides by year, bike, location, and more. Great way to get detailed statistics including total elevation by year, which Strava does not provide.
5. Raceshape Compare your rides against others using time gap analysis.
6. Garmin Virtual Partner with Strava Riders by Raceshape. Export a VR partner for a Strava segment and compete against the KOM.
8. Multi-ride mapper by Jonathan O’keeffe. Similar to Heatmap showing all your Strava rides on a single scalable map.
My Heatmap by x.raceshape.
Who’s behind the great tools?
Featured on TheGearCaster, Race Shape was started by pro cyclist Paul Mach who wanted to figure out what actually happens between the start and finish line in bike races. Paul did such a great job with Race Shape that Strava offered him a job. Surely we will see some of the great Raceshape features showing up on Strava.
According to Non Pro Cycling, Jonathan O’Keeffe is software developer and a road cyclist, living in the Connecticut River valley in western Massachusetts. Lets see how long before he is also added to the roster of Strava developers.
Jonathan and Paul share the passion for bike riding with Ben Lowe, who is behind Veloviewer. Ben is based in the UK and works as Innovation Consultant at Tribal Labs, focused on using existing and emerging technologies to provide inspirational user experiences. So when Strava is setting up a UK office they might as well get Ben onboard for his great job with VeloViewer.
What Strava analytical features are still missing?
One of the things I keep looking for is a tool that lets you see a segment by date. Recently we did the Hans’ Birthday Ride which included a set of KOM challenges. It would be great to see how the different riders performed on that day and not get the entire KOM list with past performances.
Leave a comment if you come to think of other great features missing.